Hôtel de Sully Garden Paris
Sully’s residence (Hotel de Sully) was built in 1625 near Place Royale (today Place des Vosges) as a townhouse and was a development commissioned by King Henry IV of France and overseen by Maximilien de Béthune, Duke of Sully (1559-1641). The Duke bought the residence in 1634. It stayed in the Sully family until the mid-18th century. Madame de Sévigné and Voltaire both stayed there.