ARS Electronica Garden Barcelona
The main challenge of the new digital is to resist the transhuman capitalist dream of the digital as utopia, and to try and compose instead hybrid, bastard, problematic, metaestable and interdependent approaches to the digital media.
These Hybrid Times we are now living in have made us utterly aware of our interdependence, the state of being mutually reliant upon one another, as a form of symbiosis or mutualistic relationships to take into account. Merging the digital and online world with the analog and presential world needs also to relate and connect with the multiple layers of reality involved, from technopolitical infrastructures to ecosocial impact.
The Ars Electronica Garden Barcelona will consist of five different phases:
1) open call for art, science and technology grants,
2) artists residencies in scientific and technological research centers,
3) implementation of research-production processes in visual arts and performing arts production centers,
4) public exhibition and diffusion of artistic research results, and finally
5) sharing of results, methods and processes involved in the collaboration through a series of open talks and roundtable discussions.